DME Academy Enhances Its Roster
DME Academy hires Craig Lenniger to lead Beach Volleyball Program
Daytona Beach, Florida: DME Academy announced the hiring of Craig Lenniger as the Director of Beach Volleyball. Craig will supervise the day-to-day operations of DME Academy’s beach volleyball programs, as well as host all DME Academy Beach Tournaments. Craig joins DME Academy from the Flagler County Parks & Recreation Department, where he serves as the Special Event Coordinator and has managed sports and recreation programs for the past 6 years.
Craig’s 25 years of sports and recreation programming experience will have a great impact on DME Academy. Some of his career highlights include:
- Head Coach & Club Master of the Peninsula Juniors Volleyball Club, where he built the program from 3 teams to over 15 teams in 3 years, while simultaneously developing a sister program with Piedmont Volleyball Club in NC.
- Executive Director & Master Coach of the Tidewater Volleyball Association in Virginia Beach, VA where he grew club membership by 45% and developed the summer beach leagues into the largest beach league on the East Coast with over 300 teams participating.
- USA Volleyball Director of Operations and Assistant Competition Director where he was responsible for local promotions, marketing and staff training for events with a budget of 120 million dollars.
- Mayor and Town Commissioner of Marineland, FL where he assisted in securing funding for a multi-million dollar Marina expansion, while also assisting the University of Florida in securing funding for their expansion.
- Sales & Grants Manager for Flagler County Parks & Recreation Department where he was responsible for developing Flagler County’s Tourist Development Grant Program, while also recruiting new rights holders to bring and keep events in Flagler County.
“We are thrilled to hire Craig to direct our beach program at DME,” says Laura Stegall, Athletic Director at DME Academy. “He has a wealth of experience in the Director role, as well as extensive coaching experience. We are super excited to see where the beach program goes under his leadership.”
"I am thrilled to have the opportunity to take the reins of the DME Academy Beach Volleyball program,” said Craig. “I am hopeful that I can utilize my years of directing experience to expand this program for DME Academy but more importantly positively enhance the game for those engaged in the program. I am extremely grateful to be selected by DME Academy to lead this program, and am excited to initiate new beach programs and training opportunities."
About DME Academy: DME Academy is an elite, multi-sport training and educational institution designed for student-athletes who are looking to reach their ultimate potential, harness their strengths and achieve their goals. Located in Daytona Beach, Florida, our academy offers a wide variety of programming, servicing 6th-12th grade students. DME is a co-ed boarding school that offers post-graduate programs, year-round camps, tournaments, team events, including collegiate and professional training. To learn more about Volleyball at DME Academy, learn more here!
Interested in playing volleyball at DME?